- Encore Collection Chimes share an enchanting tuning that sounds out of this world.
- Length: 17'' Overall chime length is measured from top of string to bottom of windcatcher.
- Woodstock Chimes - The World's Favourite Windchime
- All encore chimes sound beautiful together because the notes in their pentatonic scale are always in harmony
- 35.5cm from the top wooden piece to the bottom of the wind catcher; longest tube 20cm; overall length is 43cm
Product Description Named after the Roman god of war, Mars is the fourth planet from the sun. It's nickname comes from the iron oxide that is so prevalent on its surface, which gives it a reddish appearance This wind chime is designed and handcrafted for superior musical performance. It is hand-tuned to a universal, pentatonic (five-note) scale and acts in concert with the wind to create random patterns of wonderful sound. Harmonizes beautifully with all the other Encore Collection windchimes In 1979, GRAMMY(R) Award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminium lawn chair he found in a landfill. Fascinated by the Scale of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can’t be played on a modern piano, Garry cut and tuned the lawn chair tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime and is still one of our best selling, musically tuned windchimes. Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today. It remains a family-owned business in New York’s Hudson Valley Box Contains 1 X Woodstock Encore Collection Verdigris Chimes of Mars Windchime
Woodstock Encore Collection Verdigris Chimes of Mars Windchime B000WFVXFE